January Newsletter 2020 - Happy New Year!
Recently Look After Me staff and hosts from Dunedin celebrated the end of the year by having a High Tea Party. We noted our key achievements over the year and were delighted to find we had progressed so far beyond expectations.
- Developed Host Community Network and held some "Meet the Host" meetings with more planned in various locations.
- Taken on key staff including Host Director, Client (Guest) Relationship Manager, Technical Manager, Company Designer, Digital Marketing Assistant.
- Colin MacPhee, seasoned, experienced, and Award-winning Tourism Entrepreneur invests into Look After Me Ltd and joins as co-Director.
- Work underway to modernise website.
- Expanding our services to include creative events with accommodation.
- Supported and sponsored Wild Imaginings Writers Hui with Homestay & Play accommodation packages and led the Bed Tax Debate in Dunedin prior to the local body elections.
In addition to our hosted accommodation, we have been working toward becoming a tours and events provider as well. We have our own talented team working hard to craft some Creative Journeys events for all of you!
The first event will be The Great Write Inn, a multi-day workshop designed by writers, for writers. Featuring a seven step program to help you become a published author. The first instance of this event will take place in Dunedin in April, then later Rotorua and Nelson.
In addition, we have other Creative Journeys in the works for other crafts and art!
With a new year, comes new possibilities. How about exploring your creative side now? Otago University is offering two 5-day writing courses, suitable for beginner and experienced writers alike. Explore Dunedin’s Northern Cemetery with a short story writing course or delve into formal poetry writing.